Grundig TS1000 lubrication + R-module

Problemi tecnici vari - Technical problem? Need help? Post here
Rispondi
jogunast

Grundig TS1000 lubrication + R-module

Messaggio: # 14045Messaggio jogunast
ven 5 mar 2021, 19:20

Has anyone greased plastic gears and lubricated sliders on TS1000? Mine has completely go dry.
From what it looks it seems like they used lithium grease on plastic gears :geek:
Would PTFE grease work as well? What lubrication should be used on front sliders?

I'm in process of reviving my TS1000.
(few blown frakos and bakelite ROE's, broken trim pots need replacement etc)

Most of the problems have always been related to "Netzteil-u. Motorbaustein" module (S4 fuse kept blowing up).
So far I only found out that 1000uf 63V Frako (as usual) has died.
I'm assuming IC and diodes would also need to taken out and checked?

If anyone had problems with particular R-module it would be very helpful.
Those are rather fragile machines so I don't want to ship to another part of my country to service if not necessary.
Thanks!
Allegati
S4 fuse.jpg

jogunast

Messaggio: # 14102Messaggio jogunast
gio 11 mar 2021, 16:06

https://ts1000.de/
They have lot of parts and advices.
Lubrication explained in details.

I found short: 2 tantalums (+IC and filter).
I temporarily put 2 electrolytics in there just to start it again. Since modern tantalum capacitors have rather poor performance, would something like polymer electrolytic work better as replacement?

jogunast

Re: Grundig TS1000 lubrication + R-module

Messaggio: # 14200Messaggio jogunast
sab 3 apr 2021, 20:04

TS1000 is finally repaired! As amateur hobbyist I must tell you - it was hard journey! Problem after problem! Works 10min - engine stops - troubleshoot and repeat!
Lot of dying and dead ELKOs (Frako <3) and tantalums. My advice is to replace all of them on M and R module - its the heart of ts1000. (I ended up refreshing all the modules)
Sound is magical; engines work flawlessly and are super responsive; there is no more audible wow and flutter and rewinding is now lightning fast and can be adjusted with "Varispeed".
Speed calibration was time consuming. You need to have some reference tapes to match them with digital source.
After that you need to record sine wave at chosen frequency (and speed) and go from there as reference point.

Here is demo of first successful play:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq-6EMCFQ4w

Rispondi