Peter Hammill in Piacenza in June

Dischi preferiti, concerti, etc - Tell us about your favourite music
Rispondi
saharadust

Peter Hammill in Piacenza in June

Messaggio: # 19843Messaggio saharadust
gio 18 mag 2023, 22:30

As I'm on an Italian forum I thought it appropriate to give to those interested a heads-up about my favourite musician of all time, Peter Hammill, coming to play in Italy next month.

Over the years, he's been to Italy with concerts a countless number of times, both as a solo artist and with his band, Van der Graaf Generator, who, I understand, were pretty big in Italy in the 70s, having once played for a crowd of 20000 in Rome, and their seminal album, "Pawn Hearts", was number one in Italian charts in 1972. Peter has always appreciated Italy as a country and I think he's reasonably fluent in Italian.

To quote Hammill's website http://sofasound.com:
...more than full 4 years since the last solo show, I'm going to be doing a concert in Italy in June. It's on the 23rd, at Santa Chiara, Piacenza and is something of a celebration of the Doctorate I received from the Conservatorio there back in 2017.
For those who do not know him, let me know and I'll be happy to provide some introductory info.
For those who do, you may appreciate why his life, 50+ year long career, and the astounding body of work remind me of Grundig in so many (metaphorical) ways...
Boris

Rispondi