Test and influence of cables

General audio discussion
Rispondi
Guil

Test and influence of cables

Messaggio: # 17468Messaggio Guil
ven 22 apr 2022, 17:01

Hi,

When I received I just plugged in the old Philips rca cable and I eared it is a little stiffer and flatter than the GBC.

I identified the right direction of the Philips cable, but the listening was more relaxed with the GBC, yet the timbre of the Philips is more natural, but the sound seems less free, force a little too much...

The day after I reconnect the Philips cable... I listen to 5 minutes and since my wife is at home, I put the other cable in a closet in another room instead of leaving it lying on the sofa next to the system. I am struck by the result... You know what I'm talking about... This Philips cable sounds admirably well. The plastics and copper of the time sound different, I noticed that when I had tube amplifiers and I bought NOS...😉😃

Have you ever noticed a similar influence in yourselves? Massimo insists on the fact that other devices must be taken out of the listening room, but the cables also obviously.

And you what is your experience ?

Guil

M.Ambrosini
Site Admin
Contatta:

Re: Test and influence of cables

Messaggio: # 17473Messaggio M.Ambrosini
sab 23 apr 2022, 11:56

Guil ha scritto:
ven 22 apr 2022, 17:01
Hi,

When I received I just plugged in the old Philips rca cable and I eared it is a little stiffer and flatter than the GBC.

I identified the right direction of the Philips cable, but the listening was more relaxed with the GBC, yet the timbre of the Philips is more natural, but the sound seems less free, force a little too much...

The day after I reconnect the Philips cable... I listen to 5 minutes and since my wife is at home, I put the other cable in a closet in another room instead of leaving it lying on the sofa next to the system. I am struck by the result... You know what I'm talking about... This Philips cable sounds admirably well. The plastics and copper of the time sound different, I noticed that when I had tube amplifiers and I bought NOS...😉😃

Have you ever noticed a similar influence in yourselves? Massimo insists on the fact that other devices must be taken out of the listening room, but the cables also obviously.

And you what is your experience ?

Guil
The cables, if left on the floor or on a table, worsen the sound of the system but if placed on something soft (i.e. with which they cannot enter into mechanical vibration) they have a negligible influence.
Massimo

Rispondi