Pb with streaming on Pioneer N30AE

General audio discussion
Rispondi
Guil

Pb with streaming on Pioneer N30AE

Messaggio: # 14948Messaggio Guil
ven 2 lug 2021, 15:48

Hello everyone, I have been using a Pioneer N30AE LT since January, 99% on TIDAL HIFI and it is absolutely superb, where it was. Indeed a week ago, I noticed a rather mediocre sound and I saw the audio flow was in AAC 96 kbps, much worse than the FLAC 16 bits or 24 bits 192 Khz. After checking all settings and the internet line, searching the web for a solution, nothing is still the same. Besides that TuneIn (internet radio) is better and very pleasant to listen to (free 320 kbps MP3). I wrote to Pioneer who replied that problems are occurring in some countries and the reason is not clear at the moment, I cannot estimate when there will be a solution. Therefore, I have to ask you to be patient as Pioneer in Japan needs to analyze the problem. I ended up taking a DEEZER hifi subscription to watch and playback in 16-bit 44.1 Khz FLAC is immediate and works well, but a little less free sound than TIDAL. Out of curiosity I also tried AMAZON MUCIC HD and all the songs are played in AAC 256 kbps, while the smartphone reads in 16 or 24 bits. There is obviously a problem linked to authorized flows on the internet. Otherwise everything else works well in WiFi, ie a usb key plugged into the box and read with Music Server on the Pioneer allows reading in the right resolution. Does anyone have this problem too?

Ciao
Guil

freddy54

Re: Pb with streaming on Pioneer N30AE

Messaggio: # 14960Messaggio freddy54
dom 4 lug 2021, 12:49

Hello Guil,
I've used Tidal until 2 years ago, I noticed that compared to the past some things have changed in the app installed in the Pioneer, such as the login that you used to do directly with the player, now you can only do it remotely, however you can try to use Tidal through Chromecast in the Pioneer, you have to install tidal app on your smartphone or tablet and choose the option "cast" if Android or “AirPlay” if IOS, it will scan all the devices with Chromecast connected to the same wi-fi network as your smartphone or tablet, you'll have to select the Pioneer and that's it, with this mode the file resolution is up to 96KHz/24bit.

Ciao,
Alfredo

Guil

Messaggio: # 14961Messaggio Guil
dom 4 lug 2021, 15:46

Hello Alfredo, thanks for answering. I know this mode because I was using a Chromecast before buying the Pioneer N30AE. For my ears, the chromecast mode with the Pioneer is less dynamic and free than the Pioneer directly connected to Tidal. In the Cci system with MA10TP, the difference is important and when I switch to Chromecast mode on the smartphone, the highest mode is HIFI and not Master but perhaps am I wrong ?

freddy54

Messaggio: # 14964Messaggio freddy54
dom 4 lug 2021, 17:28

Hello Guil,
the sad and realistic answer in your situation is: no, i you don't!
Chromecast connection is an alternative, but the best choice, sonically, is with the Pioneer directly connected to Tidal.

Guil

Messaggio: # 15228Messaggio Guil
ven 30 lug 2021, 10:45

Hello freddy54,

Do you still use streaming with the Pioneer, if yes which service ?
Guil

freddy54

Messaggio: # 15234Messaggio freddy54
sab 31 lug 2021, 12:11

Hello Guil,

I don't have any streaming subscriptions anymore, I used to have tidal but I realised that their hires music is actually lossy, mqa files are compressed, they are decompressed by the network player, the really lossless one is qobuz, but unfortunately it doesn't have the native app installed in the Pioneer, there's only tidal, maybe Amazon when it goes up a level will be a valid alternative to tidal with the Pioneer, because the Pioneer also has the Amazon app pre-installed. However if you can't do without streaming music, tidal not mqa is a good choice, I've now opted for a discography on local hdd, connected in Wi-Fi with the Pioneer.

Alfredo

Guil

Messaggio: # 15252Messaggio Guil
dom 1 ago 2021, 9:56

Since I have the Tidal subscription, I have never listened to so much music and discovered new interpretations of works that I already know. I started to transfer CDs to hard drive, and it's true the quality is a bit better than streaming, but only when you compare (Pioneer N30AE). If you only listen to Tidal, the music is there right away and the emotion is well felt. I love streaming because it's like a walk never taken before, a permanent discovery of new artists and new record of the great classical artists. Qobuz can be an alternative, to try indeed ...

Rispondi