Screws around loudspeakers

General audio discussion
Rispondi
BUZZ78

Screws around loudspeakers

Messaggio: # 13954Messaggio BUZZ78
mer 24 feb 2021, 7:14

Hello,

Following last Massimo’s advices around boses stands, I keep in mind that the tightening is important, and I have remembered that sometimes with the four screws around loudspeakers, only three can be tight : the last one turn, at the end, in the void.

I used to tight all this screws when I have a new speakers or after a certain period. My question is, what is your advice when you cannot tight a screw ? I didn’t disassemble the speaker and may be there is a “screws insert” on the boxes.

Thanks
Franck

M.Ambrosini
Site Admin
Contatta:

Re: Screws around loudspeakers

Messaggio: # 13955Messaggio M.Ambrosini
mer 24 feb 2021, 7:19

BUZZ78 ha scritto:
mer 24 feb 2021, 7:14
Hello,

Following last Massimo’s advices around boses stands, I keep in mind that the tightening is important, and I have remembered that sometimes with the four screws around loudspeakers, only three can be tight : the last one turn, at the end, in the void.

I used to tight all this screws when I have a new speakers or after a certain period. My question is, what is your advice when you cannot tight a screw ? I didn’t disassemble the speaker and may be there is a “screws insert” on the boxes.

Thanks
Franck
If a screw turns loose, you need to disassemble the speaker and understand why this happens. It is important that all four screws are tight.
Massimo

BUZZ78

Messaggio: # 13956Messaggio BUZZ78
mer 24 feb 2021, 7:30

It seems “logical” indeed. Do you know if the screws are directly tight “in the wood” ?

BUZZ78

Messaggio: # 13957Messaggio BUZZ78
mer 24 feb 2021, 8:59

After checking, I have one nut (not a screw on 600 boxes) around the medium speaker and two on an other speaker around the tweeter that can’t be tight.

Rispondi