Some Vinyl questions.

General audio discussion
Rispondi
maskownica

Some Vinyl questions.

Messaggio: # 8361Messaggio maskownica
sab 13 lug 2019, 19:25

Hello.

Was thinking about to make an Din>rca adapter to connect my ps1020 with v7000. Have "half" of the gray philips rca cable (from not working old philips tuner), could solder some female din5 connector to it. Would be a good idea to make it or its just better to get a Monacor ACA-15/4?

Another thing, about taking care of records and stylus. What do you guys recommend to use as an "dry" option, carbon fiber or maybe velour brush? And for stylus, found some recommended liquid: Audio-Technica AT607. What You think about it? Do Anyone use anything similar for stylus?

Thanks for any answers.

M.Ambrosini
Site Admin
Contatta:

Re: Some Vinyl questions.

Messaggio: # 8364Messaggio M.Ambrosini
dom 14 lug 2019, 6:38

Hello.

Was thinking about to make an Din>rca adapter to connect my ps1020 with v7000. Have "half" of the gray philips rca cable (from not working old philips tuner), could solder some female din5 connector to it. Would be a good idea to make it or its just better to get a Monacor ACA-15/4?
Not a great difference but the Philips cable can be better.
Another thing, about taking care of records and stylus. What do you guys recommend to use as an "dry" option, carbon fiber or maybe velour brush? And for stylus, found some recommended liquid: Audio-Technica AT607. What You think about it? Do Anyone use anything similar for stylus?
Personally I use carbon fiber but I use also Kmal record cleaning machine when necessary, I don't advice to use a liquid for stylus
Massimo

maskownica

Messaggio: # 8367Messaggio maskownica
dom 14 lug 2019, 12:40

M.Ambrosini ha scritto:
dom 14 lug 2019, 6:38
Hello.

Not a great difference but the Philips cable can be better.
Personally I use carbon fiber but I use also Kmal record cleaning machine when necessary, I don't advice to use a liquid for stylus
Are there any better solution than adapter, like soldering Rca connectors instead of din5 in ps1020? Or i m going too far with this.

M.Ambrosini
Site Admin
Contatta:

Messaggio: # 8368Messaggio M.Ambrosini
dom 14 lug 2019, 13:46

maskownica ha scritto:
dom 14 lug 2019, 12:40

Are there any better solution than adapter, like soldering Rca connectors instead of din5 in ps1020? Or i m going too far with this.
It's better din + monacor adapter instead of pin rca not plastified ....however the better solution is din connector with preamplifier with din connector (X55, X6500, XV7500 etc)
Massimo

Rispondi