Matching MC cartridge with grundig xv 7500 preamp

General audio discussion
Rispondi
Szepar

Matching MC cartridge with grundig xv 7500 preamp

Messaggio: # 4901Messaggio Szepar
ven 23 nov 2018, 18:36

Does anyone had any experience with grundig and mC cartridges? I started asking this question around after hearing Benz Micro ACE in action few weeks ago. So far I had a chance to try denon dl 55 II on my turntable. Not bad, more details, a little quieter but musicality of Sure hi track still wins. The reason for trying and asking about different cartridges is background noise - mach lower on MC wich I heard so far. If anybody has any experience please share! Bad or good - anything:))

M.Ambrosini
Site Admin
Contatta:

Re: Matching MC cartridge with grundig xv 7500 preamp

Messaggio: # 4903Messaggio M.Ambrosini
sab 24 nov 2018, 7:09

Szepar ha scritto:
ven 23 nov 2018, 18:36
Does anyone had any experience with grundig and mC cartridges? I started asking this question around after hearing Benz Micro ACE in action few weeks ago. So far I had a chance to try denon dl 55 II on my turntable. Not bad, more details, a little quieter but musicality of Sure hi track still wins. The reason for trying and asking about different cartridges is background noise - mach lower on MC wich I heard so far. If anybody has any experience please share! Bad or good - anything:))
Hi Pawel
Which turntable do you use?
Does the background noise or the disk reading noise seem lower with your MC?
Massimo

Szepar

Messaggio: # 4905Messaggio Szepar
dom 25 nov 2018, 12:51

Hi! Turntable is grundig PS 1020, noise with MC seems a little lower, but the denon I have now is not beating Shure, I'm thinking about something higher like Benz Micro Ace for example. but is difficult to try it. Thats why I'm looking for second opinion. Regards!

M.Ambrosini
Site Admin
Contatta:

Messaggio: # 4906Messaggio M.Ambrosini
dom 25 nov 2018, 16:02

Szepar ha scritto:
dom 25 nov 2018, 12:51
Hi! Turntable is grundig PS 1020, noise with MC seems a little lower, but the denon I have now is not beating Shure, I'm thinking about something higher like Benz Micro Ace for example. but is difficult to try it. Thats why I'm looking for second opinion. Regards!
In the past I have test many type of MC cartridge ( the not complete list is on bottom of this page: http://motxam.interfree.it/Atested.html ), but no one of these are "friend to music" like the best Shure models. Moreover the M85G is CCI optimized for PS1020 arm and I think very difficult to find of better (if you have original N91G needle )
I hope you have a second shell for test them.
Massimo

Szepar

Messaggio: # 4913Messaggio Szepar
lun 26 nov 2018, 11:05

Hello Massimo! I think that how my research would end:)), I use second turntable for testing so I don't have to switch and fiddle with my main 1020. Thanks for response - if I find anything worth mentioning I will post it here! Regards!!!

Rispondi