General audio discussion
Rispondi
Szepar

WHY grundig?!!

Messaggio: # 435Messaggio Szepar
sab 10 mar 2018, 21:44

Hello Massimo!
Thanks for invitation!
Great idea to to start new forum about grundig outside facebook.
Let me place here a short (I hope) story about how did I find grundig in the first place. Actually my first cassette player was grundig in 1979 or so. But that coincidence.
About 10 years ago I was looking for inexpensive speakers for my bedroom. Just for background music.I bought, for about 40 euros, a pair of box 860a by Grundig of course. I connected them to my main system consisting od Musical Fidelity Electronics. They took place of B&W Nautilus 805.
I could finish my story right there…..there was no comparison. The thick blanket was put over nautilus and I sold them couple of weeks later, after reading Massimo „Grundig Story „ page on internet. There really was no coming back to „regular„ stereo. Over the years I acquired few grundig systems with different amps, CD players and speakers also combined with LT electronics. Setting them properly was difficult. Only with help from „grundig Story” and then from my Italian friends in person, I managed to set them as good as it gets - or I hope I did :). Proper electronic and speaker installation is mandatory and is giving unheard before results. Live recordings lands in your room. Period.
I read once an interview with Audiophile from California, who said his stereo equipment - worth million bucks or so - is indeed an expensive stereo rack, but is very chip time machine. And honestly whatever artist you can think of - may be in your room.
There are two reasons for writing this post. First is to thanks Massimo and Marco for helping me built system of my dreams. Second, and as well important is to encourage everybody interested in live like reproduction of music, who likes to listen before reading review’s, who maybe had also experience with Grundig, to join this forum. To share her/his own impressions , to ask questions, to criticize. I spend few years trying to get best from my equipment and finally visit to „grundig/Lt meeting „in Ravenna last year, was final point for getting it right.
I speak Polish and some English, and I live in north - east Poland. If there anybody closer to my place than to Ravenna I’m willing to share what Massimo shared with me.
Regards to all, Pawel.

M.Ambrosini
Site Admin
Contatta:

Re: WHY grundig?!!

Messaggio: # 447Messaggio M.Ambrosini
dom 11 mar 2018, 12:09

Szepar ha scritto:
sab 10 mar 2018, 21:44
Hello Massimo!
Thanks for invitation!
Great idea to to start new forum about grundig outside facebook.
Let me place here a short (I hope) story about how did I find grundig in the first place. Actually my first cassette player was grundig in 1979 or so. But that coincidence.
About 10 years ago I was looking for inexpensive speakers for my bedroom. Just for background music.I bought, for about 40 euros, a pair of box 860a by Grundig of course. I connected them to my main system consisting od Musical Fidelity Electronics. They took place of B&W Nautilus 805.
I could finish my story right there…..there was no comparison. The thick blanket was put over nautilus and I sold them couple of weeks later, after reading Massimo „Grundig Story „ page on internet. There really was no coming back to „regular„ stereo. Over the years I acquired few grundig systems with different amps, CD players and speakers also combined with LT electronics. Setting them properly was difficult. Only with help from „grundig Story” and then from my Italian friends in person, I managed to set them as good as it gets - or I hope I did :). Proper electronic and speaker installation is mandatory and is giving unheard before results. Live recordings lands in your room. Period.
I read once an interview with Audiophile from California, who said his stereo equipment - worth million bucks or so - is indeed an expensive stereo rack, but is very chip time machine. And honestly whatever artist you can think of - may be in your room.
There are two reasons for writing this post. First is to thanks Massimo and Marco for helping me built system of my dreams. Second, and as well important is to encourage everybody interested in live like reproduction of music, who likes to listen before reading review’s, who maybe had also experience with Grundig, to join this forum. To share her/his own impressions , to ask questions, to criticize. I spend few years trying to get best from my equipment and finally visit to „grundig/Lt meeting „in Ravenna last year, was final point for getting it right.
I speak Polish and some English, and I live in north - east Poland. If there anybody closer to my place than to Ravenna I’m willing to share what Massimo shared with me.
Regards to all, Pawel.
Welcome to you Pawel I hope you are fine!
Thank you for your experience description, very similar to many other person with ear and without brand conditioning
Massimo

Filippo

Re: WHY grundig?!!

Messaggio: # 460Messaggio Filippo
dom 11 mar 2018, 14:33

They took place of B&W Nautilus 805
:D :D :D

Rispondi